Tuesday, September 26, 2006

NEMO Preview: Blogger Panel



When I started this blog over a year ago, I never expected to be written about in The Boston Globe, get linked on VH1's Best Week Ever website or be asked to speak on a panel with some of the area's best bloggers, or even have people stop by the site daily. This Saturday at NEMO, Jay from Clicky Clicky, Brad from Bradley's Almanac, Paul from Aurgasm, Brian from False 45th and myself will be joining together for a panel entitled “Music
Blog: Fanzines of the 21st Century”on Saturday, September 30th from 1:45pm to 3:15pm in the Black Box Theater at the Boston Center for the Arts (BCA). It's moderated by Robert from Done Waiting.

I am really excited -- it's a good chance to hang with some of my peers, as well as meet some new local buddies. Plus, I think we're all looking to throw down at a local bar afterwards and you, loyal blog reader, are welcome to join us. In fact, I am going to make shit easier for you this weekend to enjoy the festival because I have a pair of wristbands to give away! First person to e-mail me [e-mail address is on the right side] gets them, and these will allow you to check out all of the music for free this weekend. There are a ton of great bands playing, including La Rocca, Be Your Own Pet, The Long Winters, Yo La Tengo, Ladytron, CSS, plus locals Taxpayer, Frank Smith, Kabir and Faces On Film. The full list is on the NEMO website, and things are definitely more exciting this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home