Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Horrors



The Horrors hail from Southend, UK and are barely out of their teens, but have already shown their faces on the cover of NME, all on the strength of a boisterous MySpace page and a handful of stellar singles. I grabbed one of their songs off the interweb last year and while it showed promise, I wasn't totally sold, but this domestically released EP [on Stolen Transmission] is exactly what I was looking for. The band merge the sensibilities of The Fall and Nick Cave while adding a healthy dose of style and a gothic sheen.

MySpace: The Horrors
Audio: "Sheena Is A Parasite"
Audio: "Death At The Chapel"

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Interweb? An I thought all my posting about British bands made ME an Anglophile.

9:20 AM EDT  
Blogger The McFersons said...

Great site. Thanks for the good music.

jayd

1:27 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been listening to the video (yes, listening) while I do some work over the last few days, and the song Count In Fives has sneaked its way in.

Hmm. Didn't see that coming.

3:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home